Tuesday, August 12, 2008

God's Bunker

"All the world hates Arabs,
And the main thing is to kill them one by one,
With these feet I stepped on my enemy,
With these teeth I bit his skin,
With these lips I sucked his blood,
And I still haven't had enough revenge."


(Song sung by children of Kiryat Arba settlement, Hebron, quoted in the SBS documentary "A Season in God's Bunker".)

Today, a different sort of poetry, the poetry of hate. The corrosive nature of such extreme sentiments are felt not only by Palestinians but they pollute and corrupt mainstream Israeli society, from within.

2 comments:

Ardent said...

You would think that because the Jews suffered during the Holocaust, that they would have compassion for the Arabs and try and live in harmony.

Such discrimination is sickening.

Hard Drive Repairs Atlanta said...

Hello mate nicee post